Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spring on a grim New England day


What a grim , rainy snowy gray winter day it is today. On the other hand, we are essentially halfway thorough winter, and have not had many days like today, so that is fine! Spring, though, is always welcome.

Whenever the Papertrey countdown days start, I am inspired and want the new sets like, well... TODAY, please! Lol. Instead, I have to go find a set that is similar enough and get the card close enough...

Here is a
link to Nicholes card that I think is near perfection- She used a new set available on January 15th- Lace Bouquet. I thought maybe it was time to ink up Botanical Silhouettes.

I stamped in Smokey Shadow, but colored with Prisma pencils and blended with baby oil. I also put some glitter on the flowers, just because lately I cannot stop my hand from grabbing that glitter pen. The stems are stamped in Spring Moss, and the sentiment with Onyx Black.


It is hard to see the Text Style stamped background; I did it pretty light. It looks very soft and wonderful in real life. I put the twine on vertically, since the floral stamp is more horizontal than vertical, and the text stamp did not go all of the way to the edge of the layer




Not bad, eh?

8 comments:

Denise said...

Beth - this is SO pretty! I love the softness. Beautiful work!!

Deb S said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You did a wonderful job!

Chris Simon said...

Not bad? Spectacular, actually! I love the soft colors that you were able to achieve using this technique. Now I'm going to have to get this set out and try some more things with it!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful ~ great job but lots of steps to get this gorgeous creation! I've never tried the baby oil technique. Guess I'll have to read/reread about it somewhere.

Joyce said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I love the softness of the colors.

nancy said...

Beth, this is much better than not bad. It is truly lovely.

Marybeth said...

Beth , this is just so pretty , I love the way you made it your own. Love the beautiful colors too! Nicely done!

Teresa said...

Beth, this is beautiful!