Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Papertrey Pages challenge


I am behind in scrapping some of our matching sweaters- maybe 5 years behind?? This book is 8.5 x 11; you'd think with less space it would be easier- not so for me! It does make the background stamped papers a bit easier to do, though. I stamped the new PTI Chevron Stripes set in Memento Black then colored in between the lines with different blue Copics. I sliced the 8.5 x 11 inch sheet in made down the line where the stamps met since I hadn't taken the time to make them line up perfectly. That gave me two pieces of different sizes to use.




Since the challenge was to sew on your pages, I went wild last night sewing away!! I tried to be clever and see how freehand 'quilting' worked on paper. Let's just say it's not quite the same hand motion, but like quilting, should get better with practice! Also, I couldn't find a size 14 needle, so I used a 16. Even though I was sewing through layers when I did the photos, I think the 16 made too big of a hole- lesson learned!!




Those are PTI buttons from Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening mixes.






The year numbers are cut from Basic Black with By the Numbers Dies. A Mat Stack 4 diecut from Stampers Select sits on a diecut from one of the Nestability Labels. A couple pieces of the yarn we used is wrapped around with another button on top.


I was excited to have sun today to take photos, but lol, that means shadows when you live in the trees!!!




I spent most of the weekend at a CKC Scrapbooking show and took classes- how inspiring that is!!! Why don't cardmaking magazines do this with different stamp vendors and paper and ribbon and button sellers????



1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

I love the colors in this layout and your stitching is wonderful! The background stamps are what I think can be used so much in scrapbooking - make our own patterned paper as you have done here! I very much appreciate your starting these challenges because it has kept me focused on the end goal - getting some layouts done!