Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Your Bird-day!

Can't get a correct exposure here, lol, it's just snow and flash... neither very good for the white image layer, darn. Isn't this the cutest image? Not my general style, but it just made me smile, so I couldn't not buy it, as my MIL used to say. It's Hero Arts. I stole the layout form this card on Splitcoast. The patterned paper is Summer Dream, a DCWV mat stack. The doily is cut from Sweet Blush using PTI's big doily die. Can you see the Fresh Snow sewing along the sides? That's a small die from Waltzingmouse. Ocean Tides Satin ribbon and a Prima flower finish off the outside. Ha! Makes me laugh when I flip it open!! It's a Stampendous stamp; not terribly versatile, but so funny!

13 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

How pretty! Love that pink doily! I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase that die but I keep seeing cute cards like yours using them. I may have to add it to my forever growing wish list :) thanks for sharing!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is VERY pretty, love the cute, singing birdies and sentiment!

Melyssa said...

Hi Beth, your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colour combo and patterns you used. The image is prefect for the die cut shape. You should submit this in for the CASE study challenge blog this week!

Mad for Paper said...

This is just beautiful. I love the color combo.
TFS
Ang

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, what a fabulous card! Love the soft colors and those darling singing birdies!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love this card! Very pretty using the colors and patterns on it. And the bird image is cute!

Julie said...

Adorable, just love the doily and those sweet little birdies! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

Lauren said...

This is just too too cute!! I love those little birdies!!

Cristina said...

Too cute! I love that color combination, and those birds are adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Lee Anne said...

This card is beautiful! I love the detail of the doily behind the focal point! Wonderful touch, as usual!

Jen Adcock said...

How glorious is this card! I totally understand your frustrations with getting the right pic, but I tell ya what you did is fantastic as I can see such crafty genius. The soft and ethereal color scheme is just perfect. I love those daring birds too. Your use of the label inside is wonderful. I must borrow this from you. Just gawjus!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a sweet card! I adore your birdies, and these colours are YUMMY!

DF said...

Beautiful - love the soft colours!