Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flower Fusion #1

Last weeks Papertrey Radio question was 'Do you copy an inspirational card exactly? My answer is: 'Yes, exactly, then I make another one a little differently, then the third one usually is quite different. Sometimes I show the second one, sometimes I only show the third. I need the exact CASE, though, to help me figure out how to best use the stamps; but also to remind me what it was that was so moving about the set. I didn't see this card of Maille's until after I submitted my first February order. Flower Fusion #1 went right into the cart after I saw it. I was good, though, I waited a week before I hit submit. Silly me, I thought I could not get the matching die. Silly, silly, me. Third February order, lol lol lol. This is my second card done after I first CASE'd Maille's card.


I made my flowers from felt, using the matching die but also one of the Cuttlebug tiny scalloped circle dies for the middle. That's one of the retired small wooden buttons from PTI. My A-2 opens from the side, and I used a background layer from one of DCWV stacks- Citrus, as I recall. New Leaf matches the glittery layer perfectly! I used one of the Memento inks, Pear Tart




These CASE cards are always quick, and I can see my stamping is a little off, and it might be better if I had done something with the edges of the sentiment layer. See? That will be the next card!

6 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Gorgeous card! Like the way you have made the leaf images a border. Need to use my felt more too. The flowers are so pretty!

Kara said...

so cute!! i love the colors and all of the flower patterns!

Marybeth said...

My goodness , some of these cards are so perfect that they should be sold ant Hallmark, and this is another one. Its beautiful.

Maile Belles said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love how you've made the design all your own.

Janelle said...

Loved reading about your CASEing process, Beth. Cute card! Your last comments made me think that I should probably step back and analyze my cards more often... because it's not rare for me to look and think, "hmmm... should've done that differently..." Guess I should take that as a sign to immediately make that other card so that I can have a direct comparison. Thanks for the idea!

Sara said...

This is beautiful! Your design blends so well with the patterned paper you chose.