Sunday, January 9, 2011

Twins!

A colleague of mine had 2 wee baby girls on Friday morning, so I needed a special baby card for her! I took the Great Impressions duckie stamp and made a second duck on a tube using a Stamp-a-ma-jig. I only had to do it once; that's a record for me for this kind of alteration!! I drew in the missing line to link it to the first tube.



I used Copics to match the papers (Pebbles, Inc.) and used a funny edged Nesty to make the first layer using Papertrey's hibiscus Burst as my background solid.



The sun is a Boss Cut die with a cute little face drawn on and some 'glitter glue around the edges. Truth be told, that little sun is hiding a blip from a Copic when I pulled the lid off over the colored image- lesson learned- those Copics can have juice in the caps- beware!!



Some glitter glue on the tubes flowers, then some Papertrey Silk 1/4 inch ribbon colored with the matching Copic of the ducks to tie two bows.



Jess has a youngster at home, and I thought I might add the three little girls names to the bottom of the ducks. Will have to think about that!

The finished card us a business size, I think it came out to be 3.75 x 9.0 inches.

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So cute and colorful! Love using ducks on baby cards. I'd place the names on the card. That would really personalize it.

Baby Names said...

Good article with Extra topics are add.Best of luck for the next article.