Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday! I want to remind you of my birthday present last year- see it here- Ha! Wasn't that the sweetest thing?

Now it is a year later... and it's a Penguin party!!!!


I made the card with the Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge, the penguin was made in the 4 inch setting. The sentiment is from the Opposites Attract cartridge, with a 1.5 inch setting. The '1' is a Penny Black stamp, colored with a Copic and blinged up with white glitter. The little guy's hat is a purchased embellishment, from K&Co, but a few years ago.

The card base is 5.25 inches square, made from green Amuse tiny check cardstock. it's great paper for cards since it is plain white on the back, and a heavy stock, so it makes into a perfect printed front card,


Inside-the sentiment is from Opposites Attract, with Liquid Applique (to replicate icing).


See the bag behind the Penguin gift holder? I glued on a new copy of the movie, 'March of the Penguins', then added a few more 1's around on the bag. The Penguin gift holder is an After Christmas special purchase, lol, .99 cents at Hallmark yesterday!!!

I gave Alex the cake pops book for Christmas, and look what she came up with! I didn't get any great close up pics, but if you click on it to enlarge, I think you will get a better view.



She was so sweet to make Wes and I both cakes!


Lol, he hasn't had much in the way of sweet things in his short life!!


As soon as he brought his head up from the first lick, he laughed loud and long!! So did the rest of us!!


He definitely loved the cake, and was quite the ham!
It was a fun, fun, day; it will make me smile on my birthday for years to come to share it with such a happy little boy!!


9 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

You are right, I am smiling right now as I read this. Wes is adorable with those cute pink cheeks. Love the cute little penguin themed birthday card and everything else to go along with it. Happy Birthday to you too, Beth.

Alex said...

Your pictures are so much better than mine! Everything was adorable~

Stephanie said...

I'm smiling, too. He's such a cutie-pie!!! Love the penguin pops and everything you dressed up for the party! Happy birthday to you!!!

Laura Isham said...

Happy, happy birhtday, Beth! And to your sweet grandson as well! Love your card and gift. Your DD is quite talented, too. Must run deep in the gene pool!

Jen Carter said...

Too cute!!!! Happy birthday to you and your special little guy!!

Kelley M. Palmer said...

What great photos! He is the best :)And hope you had a fantastic birthday as well!

Mariana said...

What a great birthday!! He looks so happy with his cake!! Happy birthday to you!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a fun post! Love the penguin pops! Too cute! And what a happy child Wes is. He made me smile! TFS!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my goodness. I think I might overdose on the glorious cuteness contained in this post. Both the card and the wee cutie have definitely put a big smile on my face for sure. Thanks for that!