Sunday, October 10, 2010

CASE of Nichole's card today~

ETA: I forgot to say I hand drew that little nest, just a really fine tipped brown marker, and looking at the bigger nest from Birds of a Feather to follow the form.

I realize the photo is hard to see the little blue birds- it might do better if you click on it to enlarge it~

Sometimes I get a little sad when I see wonderful cards with products I don't have, can't have, can't afford, or whatever. I am sure others are in the same boat as me, and probably more often.

Today Nichole showed a perfect (for me!) card (here) but the products to make it aren't available until later next week, and then it's a 2 week wait for them to arrive... and that is if they make it onto my ever growing shopping list!

So I decided to head up to the stamp room and try and create the same 'feeling' card with the supplies I have~ Voila!

I used Through the Trees and Birds of a Feather stamp sets; Fine Linen and Spring Rain paper; plus Turning a New Leaf patterned paper cut with the smallest scallop die. Inks are Spring Rain, Chamomile, plus some Memento Rich Cocoa. I used the Woodgrain Impression plate just for some texture, and a dark brown paper twine instead of Nichole's Linen twine. I also added a bit of Fine Linen twill ribbon, for what reason I do not know...lol... but it looks ok to me!

6 comments:

Mariana said...

What an amazing job you did, this card is great! I have been in this place (wanting more but not able to get it) and this is so inspiring, thanks!!

pattylt said...

Beth, you just rocked that card. You really did it and made it your own. I love it when we realize that we can create a similar card with supplies we already have. Great job!

Kristii said...

Absolutely perfect!!! I totally love it!!!

Amanda said...

Cute! I love the soft colors. Birds of a Feather has been on my wishlist for the longest time.

lauraleewebb said...

I am always telling myself "oh I can't make that because I don't have the stuff" You have inspired me with your awesome card.

Jen Carter said...

This turned out great Beth! I love your interpretation of Nichole's card!