Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Papertrey Pages Challenge!

Yay! 2 more pages done!!

The challenge this month was to use felt and flowers, either together or separately- I did both!! The photos are #6 Grandchild Wes when he was just three months old~ Freddy Firefly was the first thing he 'wanted' and went for with intent!



I started with scrapbook paper from a company called Adorn It. I have never seen them in my LSS's, I got these at a CKC show. Cutest little bugs all over, reminiscent of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.


I used 2 purchased felt frames, from a company called the Summer House- the web address says http://www.rubyrock-it.com/. I have not gone to the website to check it out yet, but will soon! These felt frames are wonderful! Stiff-ish felt, laser cut; I just trimmed the photos and used a dab or two of white glue to hold the frame to the photo.


You can also see my felt flower, using Papertrey's Spring Moss and Hawaiian Shores felt, cut with Papertrey dies, and topped with a Hawaiian Shores button. The yellow felt is from Michael's. I also have some button flowers along the edge of one of the photos.


Oh look, that little lady bug seems to have chewed on my leaves a wee bit! Pure Poppy and Hawaiian shores buttons are mixed with some renegade buttons from the stash.

The right hand side of the pages has a cutout from another of the series of paper, I layered it with a light colored lime green to separate it from the rest of the green page. It's hard to see, but the photograph is of Wes's hand finally grabbing Freddy- then he would swing his little hand as it clung to Freddy's wing~ what fun for a little guy!!

Lot's of buttons here, too!



Playing with Freddy is so tiring!! Another felt frame, and another leaf eaten by a bug!! The paper series came with a journal block; mine is just sitting there so I can trial some journaling on a scrap paper, then see if it fits, then write it out and stick it down- that's for another day!!
I am enjoying my Papertrey Pages challenges, and can't believe I have almost 10 layouts so far! If I am lucky, I will have some scrapbooks to give the girls this Christmas! Let's hope!!






3 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

This is a really cute layout Beth. I especially love the little bite mark taken out of the leaf. Cute idea.

Alex said...

Oh Mom, I LOVE it!

Amy said...

Very cute page! That paper is perfect for it!