Thursday, May 6, 2010

3/365 and a Betsy Veldman CASE

Wow, I just figured out how to make the photos on the blog bigger!


So, well, gee, I'm a little behind on the 365 cards, lol, but I do have May 3rd done!! I started thinking maybe I shouldn't be photographing the page of the book~ I need to figure out if it's ok with the publisher before I do it again. The original May 3rd is a Teacher Appreciation card, but of course I did it as a baby card. I used SU's Enchante paper in combo with 2 Hot Off The Press fabric stickers on a base of Lavender Lace Textured paper. The border punch is a Fiskar's; the twine and ribbon are Papertrey. I colored the silk ribbon with a Prisma marker to match the paper. Some wheensy purple buttons tied with floss take the place of the larger brads used on the original. I sure do hope I can catch up, lol!

The good news is that I have 2 pages done, and may have lost a tiny bit of weight, so all in all a good week so far!

This card is a case from Besty Veldman, you can see her beautiful card here-

Background paper is from Nana's Nursery Baby Girl, the ribbon and buttons are Papertrey, and the stamps are, oh dear, I can't remember. The thing I like the most about Betsy's card are the little circles- don't ask me what happened to them on my card, lol lol lol... they didn't seem to make it on there! I did shadow stamp the sentiment in Sweet Blush then Versafine Sepia, and used plain Sepia for the faux stitching around the edge of the layer.

No comments: