Friday, April 2, 2010

Kristie Larsen Baby cards!

This two card series started with a wonderful baby card in the March/April 2010 Stamp It! magazine. I can't find a photo online, but it's on page 28 and was made by Kristie Larsen. Part of it's attraction for me is the colors and patterns she used- not traditionally baby colors, and a juxtaposition of textures/prints. I wanted to SPICE it pretty closely, and I also loved all of the button backgrounds on the Papertrey Button Blog Hop last week, so I did this one in pretty pastels. Printed papers are from my antique paper stash, but the buttons and ribbons are Papertrey, the sentiment is from Papertrey's Mega Mixed Messages and the file folder tag punch is SU's.

But this one was a bit too pastel and the patterns weren't quite right, so I did another one-



Ahhh, yes, I like this one better!! The light printed paper is from the Pretty Pastels paper pad, sentiment is from Baby Button Bits , and the buttons -ah yes, all from Papertrey. Punches are SU for the scallop and Martha Stewart for the lacier one. The green dotted paper is unmarked- from the previously mentioned antique stash.
I wonder how designers and submitters of cards keep track of their paper manufacturers? I mean, once you cut off the edge, do you write on it somewhere who made it??
The ribbon is Papertrey's 1/4 inch silk, colored with a Prisma marker to match the green paper, the pale is colored to match the lighter tin type print. I like tying those double ribbons, and when the ribbons widths re the same it works well to see both colors or prints evenly.
Good cards,lol, but Kristie's is still better!

8 comments:

Janice McDonald said...

Love your baby card Beth...outstanding choice of colours!!!

Anika said...

Beth, these are both so cute! I love the fun colors in the first one and the more sophisticated look in the second!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Beth! I love the colors, you did a great job! You sure are the expert at anything baby.

Elizabeth S. said...

Beth, your card is adorable and love the colors. What a wonderful card to get inspiration from.

Diane Jaquay said...

Totally ADORABLE! Every time I see that onesie used I think I MUST buy that set lol!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love both of your cards! The green one is very soft and beautiful. And I LOVE the first one with all the colors everywhere!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I really *need* this set! Your cards are adorable!! Love that onsie!

Jen Carter said...

Ahhhh! How sweet are these! Very cute!