Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Blue Stork

Yesterday I did a lot of studio clean-up, then took a nap early for work~ then I got a wind from the islands, and good golly I went on a baby card blitz and had 8 done before I knew it. Somewhere in there the phone rang and it was work asking if I wanted to stay home- I practically cheered in her ear!! I think I was finishing up numbers 5 and 6 at the time, and went on to do 7 & 8 late into the night.

This one is created from some 'scraps' found during the clean-up. The background is from Waltzingmouse, stamped on Stamper's Select with Spring Rain. I almost tossed it since I didn't like the gap I got in between the first and second stamping. The stork is from a new set from Fiskars, I bought it on a little shopping spree on Monday. The DH dropped me off at ACMoore, and told me I could do all three craft stores if I wanted to walk the mile between them~ it was an expensive forced march, lol, but we got our exercise for the day, the wallet and I! Now that I think of it, I never did tell him I expended no calories since there is a Dunkin' Donuts in between 2 of the stores, and the day was warm, and well they have this new thing called a cinnamon bagel twist, lol... Sorry, I digress.


So the new stamps had to be trialed for goodness and function, I do that on Papertrey's paper inserts, you know the 8 1/5 x 5.5 inch piece that has the logo and color name on it. I save them all, and use them for insides of dark cards, or to test out stamps or inks on. So this image came out rather nicely the first time inked, so I went ahead and colored the baby with some Copics, and put him on a leftover bit of Spring Rain, and gee it looked kinda nice on the WMS messed up background, and there was a wee bit of I don't know whose blue gingham ribbon sitting right on top of the ribbon bits pile- and there you have it!

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute baby card! Love the background. Have a restful Sunday!

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have noticed, if you hadn't pointed it out Beth!! lol, fab card!