Friday, February 5, 2010

Another Papertrey Challenge!!


Are you all having fun everyday with the Papertrey news and challenges? Even if I decide not to play, I must say it is all fun! Yesterday for the first time I heard Nichole's voice, and today I saw her in video. I can call her up, too, tonight if I want to, lol lol lol.



I slept some of the day after work, but then went right up and started working on an embossed resist card. Lol, not as easy as Nichole made it look- it's definitely best when you use a stamp with a large positive area. I had a terrible event where I brayered on Lemon Tart ink, then went to color over it with Prisma markers, and ruined 2 markers before I realized what was happening. Darn! The thicker ink 'sealed' the tips of the markers. Darn again!!

The valentine is made with Heart Prints smaller hearts, stamped with Versamark on top of Simple Valentine papers, then clear embossed. I used Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst and Pure Poppy to ink around. Layers are Pure Poppy and Lavender Moon.

The sentiment is also from Heart Prints, I cut Day off and moved it away from Valentine's a bit to even up the spacing with Happy- make sense??


Had to finish off the inside, of course!
I'm looking forward to news tomorrow- not sure if there will be Nestabilities, or punches, or ways to cut shapes with a Cricut. The latter may leave me out, but I know others will be happy, and that is good! I like doing things by hand, involving machines in my card making just isn't for me right now-


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty Beth!!!

Lee Anne said...

That is a great card, Beth! I also love your storytelling. I could sit and read your words all day!

Taheerah said...

Really love you embossed hearts Beth, great idea to stamp onto patterned paper! And the inside of your card is stunning! I really must start doing my insides - I missed the Inside & Out Blog Hop so now I'm playing catch-up, lol.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful card! And don't you love the opportunity to cut a clear stamp image and be able to use it in a different way without destroying it! I'm hoping the new additions are Nestabilites. I don't own a Cricut either. Have a good day!

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!!

BethieJ said...

Beth this is FABULOUS!!! Love you did the inside too!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card, inside and out!!!