Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweet Bay Tulips

This card front came out of my 'what am I going to do with it?' bin. It was a card I made many moons ago, as I started stamping. It was done at a SU catalog class, and I don't think I ever bought the set. Colors are Vintage Violet and Certainly Celery, with a bit of Vintage Violet ribbon. So! Now I like to make cards with a bit more bling, so to speak! So I ...

Cut the card front down and layered it a third time on SU's Lavender Lace. Added some of the Oh Boy Pebbles from Beverly at Precious Scraps on the side. Added some Distress Ink Antique Linen and Walnut -also from Beverly- around the edges, then layered that onto a piece of beautiful striped paper from the Memory Box Sweet Bay set that Bev sent. Next onto dark brown, then lastly onto a Certainly Celery card base.

Lastly, a highlight or two of Stickles clear on the edges of the tulips. This went from an average card class card into something that has a bit of a 'wow' factor in real life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep - I love all these colours together - and the wee pebbles set it off nicely!!

Sandy in Epping said...

Soooo pretty, Beth. I remember getting started with SU!, and loving all things "2-step". This set was one of my first ever, and perhaps why I love Papertrey now. I think it's in the layering, y'know. When you add the 'bling', it sets it off quite nicely. Also a great advert for that Yankee notion of "waste not,want not" and rupurposing something old.. May I CASE?