Friday, April 3, 2009

Flower Soft and Papertrey, plus Buttons!


Oh la la, Shopping Spree! So, I've been cooped up for weeks, right? It's my BFF birthday, and she had $100.00 to spend. I had a $75.00 credit at the LSS, and a $20.00 credit at the not-so LSS. What are a couple of old girls to do in these circumstances??

Shopping spree! I have bought so many things over the past 3 days- counting 2 Papertrrey orders too, lol- that it will take me a week to show it all to you! First I wanted to try Flower Soft... the colors above are Lilac and the mix is called Fushia. I think they look good with Papertrey's purples, as well as SU's Almost Amythyst. I also bought some of the paper and ;'topper' they produce, just so I could follow the directions exactly. Some of those I did came out really nice, too!




Now, I hesitate to show you this card, since it is superb IRL, but the alcohol inked paper looks funny in the photo. Trust me! Ranger came out with new alcohol ink colors, and I bought 3- Cloudy Sky, Salmon Pink, and Mountain Rose. I was going for baby card backgrounds of course, but mixed with a gold Pilot Pen, this piece that matches PTI's Melon Berry popped up. Stamped PTI's Life in Spring Moss, then followed the Flower Soft directions and used Sweet Pea. Ha! You knew I would buy one with that name, right? Golly gee whiz, doesn't it look good with Melon Berry! The nice medium sized birthday sentiment is from Papertrey's new anniversary set.

I really hope you can see the beautiful Melon Berry colors!


Some of the folks on the Papertrey forum have been griping about the black buttons. Me? I tend to not gripe about little things like buttons, I only gripe about real injustices in the world. Well, maybe some people gripe about buttons because it takes their mind off of the real injustices? Oh dear, a digression....

Papertrey may or may not produce buttons to match earlier colors, so on my spree I came across brown buttons that look great with Dark Chocolate, and green buttons that look pretty good with Spring Moss. See the tiny jar? The label said Tres Jolie, that 's all I can tell you- no color label at all. That tiny jar was $3.75, and I bought two of each color. So, look at the Chocolate jar- that's $7.50 worth of buttons. The fuller jars are Papertrey's buttons of course- each of those jars is one bag that cost $5.00.

More shopping and cards tomorrow!!

9 comments:

IamDerby said...

A lovely card Beth! I saw that flower soft at my LSS and was intrigued...but I did not buy. Like those buttons too, very nice.

Leah said...

The flower soft looks great Beth! The colors are really pretty.

xiumaiyuki said...

This is beautiful!!! I've just gotten the Life set...now just gotta get me some of those Flower Soft!

Unknown said...

Well I think its beautiful Beth - all soft and springy!!! love your new buttons too!!

Sarah W said...

Love the flower soft on your card, it really brings the flower to life. Oh, and the buttons are gorgeous too!!

Etha said...

oh jee, thanks for enabling :) I wasn't even aware that PTI has buttons now :) great finds!

Scrapping Julie said...

oh my goodness. this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Melissa said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the soft colors! I would love to try the flower soft...was it difficult? was it messy? lol!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous card and I agree with you about the buttons!