Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bits and Pieces of Ocean Tides

Do you have bits and pieces sitting in a box or drawer just waiting to be made into something? I bet we all do~ and here's one that came together quickly the other day.

The Guidelines 1 Ocean Tides background layered on a piece of summer sunrise and with a strip of White twill came to me as a Thank You card from one of you~ who and why, I have no recollection- it was over a year ago, maybe 2?? I cut the card apart, and saved the layers!

The stork was a failed image over stamped with sentiment. The stork is from Anna Griffin/All Night Media, the sentiment is Penny Black. I think it is stamped in Palette's burnt Umber, when I first got that pad. I colored the basket with Ocean tides using a blending pen, the beak and legs are colored using one of SU's markers.

When I first did the image, I thought the sentiment didn't work, it is too close to his body. This week, when I had 2 hours to make 5 baby boy cards (wow, the ratio of boys to girls has changed significantly since the Iraq war, but that's another story!) and knowing they just pay for supplies, I think it looked fine!!

I layered it all on a plain Ocean Tides card, and used the satin white ribbon since it looked more formal than more twill.

No comments: