Monday, February 9, 2009

We're all friends...

Nichole's challenge today on the first day of the official Papertrey release countdown~ here~ is to create a card to send to a friend. When I think about friends who I would send cards to, I think about the friends I talk to everyday on the Papertrey forum. I've been meaning to mail off a RAK or two, and thought this was a great opportunity to make a sunny, bright, 'hello!' kind of card.

And here it is! I used Pond Life, women of Life, and Pond Life sentiments. That dark green strip is the back cover of the Polka Dot 8 x 8 pad. There is also Lemon Tart and Aqua Mist in there, as well as a piece from the Everyday Blessings 6 x 6 pad. buttons are various and sundry, but soon, very soon, there will be plenty of matching PTI buttons! Swoon!

I will mail it off to a Papertrey friend, one who will laugh as she opens the envelope, smirk a little at my crooked corners and off centered squares, then place it in a spot of honor right on her stamping table.

Now that's a friend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super pretty Beth. That will bring a smile to your freind's face for sure!

Cheryl said...

What a nice, springy card for a winter day!

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely card. Thanks for commenting on my Valentine mini album on SCS! I have enjoyed browsing all of your wonderful creations!

Anonymous said...

ahh it's like Spring has finally sprung right here on your blog. Such a pretty card!!! Definitely will brighten your friend's day!

Karen said...

Love your catepillar! And the use of buttons....very appropriate! I was looking for a Fizz button the other night (never was able to find a good match!) and now we know we'll be able to have them...eventually! Cute cheery card! :>

Unknown said...

If she doesn't want it I'm sure I can find a home for it on my dresser!! It's adorable!!