Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What A Day!

My goodness, what a day! Well, really, what a week! Last Friday was my birthday, and I received an entire box of things to do Pergamano~ paper painting, embossing, and punching. Wow! Now, I have had a creative block for over a week, probably because I have an order for 6 cards- and I just can't get any of them out, lol. I can't imagine how those of you who create on a deadline do it. The birthday box was such a block stopper!


Then today I got 2 packages in the mail, one from Papertrey, and one from Flourishes. Double wow! Look for lots of posts in the future with these new toys. Of course, the amazing thing about today was the Inauguration of our 44th President-an historic day, but also so uplifting and hopeful. As if that wasn't enough, I peeked into Nichole Heady's blog to see if the Guest Star Stamper winners had been announced. And oh my goodness, there I was.. a winner! That's never happened to me before!




To help with my block, I have been stalking Michelle Zindorf's blog. Here is a Birthday card I did after I spent like 24 hours on her blog. It's SU's Stardust colored in Prisma markers and layered on a background of alcohol inks. The blues in the inked background are Pinata inks, they are much brighter than Adirondack. The blue paper is an unknown brand, but it is stamped in Encore gold, then torn and folded back.



Isn't this just the funnest birthday greeting?



Now, here is a failed Guest Star Stamper card. It failed because it wasn't done in time, but also because I wasn't liking how it looked. I'm still not sure, lol! I wanted the animals facing each other, but the deer of PTI's Forest Friends faces the same direction as the skunk. Maybe next time I'll make a parade. I stamped the deer, cut it out, turned it over and traced around. A brown marker did the outline, and when I water colored it, it wasn't too bad. I stamped the eye and antlers, it didn't seem to matter that they were 'backwards'. The trees are from Father Knows Best, the corners are a Sizzix die, and I made the little flowers that go up the right edge. Ribbon on the left is green gingham from SU, and the leaf ribbon from Papertrey. The Oh Deer sentiment is cut with a nestie ribbon label, then tied with natural hemp. All of this is mounted on a Ripe Avocado card. I think it is a Belated birthday card, lol, but actually I don't know!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah for the guest star stamper, and great cards. but i dont think funnest is a word

Unknown said...

Well Beth!! it looks to me like you're on a roll now and So well done for GSS - your card was just darling!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Beth I saw - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How horribly exciting for you and sooooooo deserved!!! Hope you enjoy the limelight - and all your other excitement! :)