Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Papertrey's January Guest Star Stamper Entry

Here is my entry for tonight's GSS contest on Papertrey! I have another, and will show it at some point, lol, but yesterday just got away from me. don't we all wish there would come a day when we didn't have to go to work? lol, well, since tonight is their release, and there is lots I want to buy, I guess I will head out tonight thankful I can go to work and earn some money to play with.

I used the set Guidelines and stamped the background lines in Spring Rain. Next I stamped one of the images in Spring Rain. A second image filled in the open spots with Certainly Celery. It looks great! the card is big, and determined by the number of 'tiles' I wanted to highlight. The elephant from Bitty Baby Blessings was colored in the same Copics Nichole Heady used~ B21 and B95. Hey! My elephant looks just like hers! The sentiment is also from Bitty Baby Blessings, cut out with a Nesty label, then glued to Spring Rain grosgrain ribbon. The little hearts were a perfect match from my stash, I just put a bit of linen thread through them and attached with some glue dots. The elephant is sitting on punched out circles, I used nesties, but the green scalloped circle is the SU punch.

11 comments:

Deanna said...

This is beautiful Beth!

Anonymous said...

This is great. Instantly brought a smile to my face.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Nice job!!!

Heidi said...

Beth this is such a pretty card! Wow! I love the colors and the background that you stamped!

Donelda said...

A beautiful card Beth!! I love the green and blue background!! Great choices to put those two designs together to make that fancy background!! Good luck...hope you win a free set :-) I never think to do the GSS these days!! Sheesh! what's wrong with me??!! LOL

Jen Caputo said...

ohh Beth it's beautiful!!! You are a shoe-in :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

darling card, Beth! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the background!!!

Gina Sisco said...

Fantastic job, got an immediate oh how cute!!!

Diana said...

What a cute card! I just love that color combination with the elephant, and how you double-matted the image.

Scrapping Julie said...

i absolutely LOVE it!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this baby card. The background you made looks wonderful! I really want to get this set but so far can't really justify the cost (shipping to Canada, exchange). In the meantime I'll just have to look and be envious of creations like yours!