Sunday, January 25, 2009

Papertrey Blog Hop~ Birthday Cards!



Tonight is the Papertrey Blog Hop~ if you are just tuning in, be sure and read the explanation here . Here's the skinny on this month's challenge:

With January being the beginning of the year, it is the perfect time to build up a stash of birthday cards! This month's challenge is to create your very best version of a birthday card. The card can be geared towards a female, male or child; it's your pick! With the collaboration of all our ideas in one central spot, we will have more than enough inspiration to get us through the entire year! We look forward to seeing what you cook up!


Don't forget you can click on any photo and enlarge it~ they really do look better when viewed larger!


I often make Birthday cards, so just play around my blog to see many more!

As a knitter I learned to let busy yarn carry the pattern, and I think the same is true with paper. This black and white pattern from Papertrey's Black & White Basics pack is so busy it hurt my eyes to even put a ribbon on, lol! Hence, just a sentiment with a touch of color, and done! The flower is from Women of Life, and the sentiment inside is from Mixed Messages. If you don't have Mixed Messages, you need to go buy it right now! It has the tiniest of sentiments that fit inside anythng you might want. I hand cut the flower out, then mounted it on a Marvy punched Pure Poppy circle. Sometimes it is the simplest of cards that carry the biggest impact, and I think it is true here!

Hope you are having fun hopping! Come back tomorrow, I have more Valentines to post!









32 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Oh My word Beth this is awesome, what a statement it makes.

Marge said...

Your card is fabulous! I have to agree that that paper requires very little enhancement!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your classy color combo, this is fabulous!

IamDerby said...

Beautiful card Beth!! Simple and elegant

Banu said...

Very pretty card. Simple and Elegant. You make a sketch of this for CAS, I think it would be awesome. I was thinking that this particular pattern was busy too and was not getting any ideas, now I have some. Thanks for Sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Very classy and could work from both men & women. I love the message in the corner.

Latisha said...

Love a red white and black card, so pretty

calliezant said...

Nothing more to add...the other ladies have said it all..I ,too, love the card. Perfect in every way!

Dana Gustafson said...

Love the new black printed paper. Very well matched with the luscious poppy

Serendipity said...

Stunning! Nice job Beth!

Gwen said...

what a beauty!!! I adore that black & red together!!

Jennifer Kirk said...

Very pretty. Love the black, white, and red. Very classy.

Regan said...

Beth I love it- its perfect!

Lori said...

very pretty!!

Deanna said...

Love it Beth! So simple and perfect!

Savitri said...

Awesome card! Love the pp!!

Lizzie Jones said...

I love your pop of color! Well done!

Amy said...

Oh, I love the black and red together! Why didn't I order the B & W DP?

Anonymous said...

Delightfully bold!

Chris said...

very pretty!! i used the same dp!!

Sharon said...

Oh wow!! That's why I love these hops...I never would have thought of black...but this looks awesome!

Cheryl said...

So pretty, Beth! I like your little flower from WOL. Great job!

Kathleen said...

This card is so classic! One of my cards was with this black and white combo with red---LOVE the way you put the sentiment on!

Lori said...

I love it, Beth! The little touches are just right for the patterned paper.

Tabitha said...

Oh what a great idea to use the flower from Women of Life and then put a cute sentiment in it. Really gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Beth, this is wonderful I love your creation!

Terri said...

Very cool. Love the colors together.

Donelda said...

wow,that bold pattern is aweosm and you are right...you don't have to do anything with it...just let the paper speak for itself! Great job beth!!!

Jennifer Holmes said...

This would be a great card to have on hand - it's so versatile! I really like the bold, graphic colors!

Bonnie said...

What a lovely card!

Unknown said...

OOOh Beth, class, style, elegance, everything!!

Lori Y. said...

This card is beautiful! Very elegant and classic! The color combination is great. Thanks for sharing