Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Papertrey Guest Star Stamper submission(s)


Well, it's 1930 ET here, so I suppposed it is ok to upload this months entries into the Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contests. Every month I swear I am not going to play, I always do, I never win, but I'm always glad I did it! Actually, I won an Honerable Mention once, and being on Nicholes blog was much better than a free stamp set, lol lol lol!! That was like rubbing elbows with the famous!

Anyway~ I made these from white blank Christmas balls from Michael's. I dabbed alcohol inks with blobs of gold onto the balls. For the Red one I stopped there, made 2 acetate snowflake tags like Jennifer Holmes did with her snowman box for last months blog hop (see her blog Simple Flourishes on the side bar), then tied Pure Poppy ribbon on. Be careful, when embossing on acetate you have to make sure you have heat resistant acetate!

The Aqua Mist ball was another alcohol ink that matched well enough, then I gold embossed the small snowflake from Snowflake Seranade around the ball, and rather than tie a bow I just made a big hanging loop with the Aqua Mist ribbon. Two more Snowflake Seranade acetate tags, this time edged with a gold pen completed it~

Wow! October 14th and 2 Christmas gifts done! I will make 2 acetate boxes at some point and if I buy the tag set being released this month- well then! Ding Ding! Christmas here we come!

2 comments:

Angie Williams said...

I just love these ornaments! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love those ornaments! Great job on those, they are beautiful. What colors of alcohol ink did you use?