Monday, October 6, 2008

Number 4

After I did the 3 wheat cards, I decided I wanted to work with the acorn. I often make bad decisions in cardmaking, lol, and this was one! think about it- an aacorn is brown~ well, when they are in the tree and first come down, they have a little bit of green around the nut, but they still are brown. I searched around, and found Jennifer's mini family album, you can see it here
(I've sent you to the first page, you may need to go back to see it, but you should look at all of her wonderful thongs, anyway). The thing I love about her album is how the circle with the acorn sticks over the side, and you use it to open the book. Hold that thought.

I tried making a scallop front like her book by using the SU scallop border punch. I love the punch, but it took away a lot of the card front. So much so I had to trim down the baack of the card. I stamped the acorn many times, and didn't like many of them, lol, I have lots of little acorn parts in the trash this morning! It just came out way too brown every time. I mean, these cards are not meant to be depressing, right?

When I was done, I had one of those 'Dang' moments- I had planned to put the acorn circle sticking off of the edge like she did~ how did I forget to do that? I work in the upstairs of my house, with no windows, and very little airflow. I can only blame it on lack of oxygen.

Stamps: Papertrey First Fruits
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, SU markers- Chocolate, Creamy CAramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Kraft; PTI Dark chocolate; unknown green print
Other: SU scallop punch, PTI Chocolate satin ribbon

1 comment:

Jennifer Holmes said...

Beth, you are too funny! Your links aren't working for me for some reason, so I thought I'd help you out.

http://www.simpleflourishes.com/2008/09/grateful-for-family.html

This is the link you wanted for the album cover. BTW...I had to try the acorn more than once, believe me!